Lunch Break currently serves over 5,000 meals a month, including a hot breakfast on Saturdays. We also distribute over 3,600 bags of groceries monthly to a number of well deserving families throughout Monmouth and Ocean Counties. Given the amount of food we serve and distribute, we need a steady supply of food coming in.
You can help us continue to feed the hungry in our community by:
- Donating non-perishable food items to our food pantry. Our most pressing and ongoing challenge is keeping our pantry shelves stocked.
- Donating fresh garden produce. We welcome your fresh garden herbs, fruits, and vegetables.
- Donating commercially prepared foods.
- Organizing a food drive? To learn how to organize a food drive, please contact Millie Jeter at 732 747 8577 ext. 3102.
Holiday Food Bag Distribution
Lunch break would like to thank our community for such a successful Holiday Bag Drive collection. We have reached our goal of wanting to provide 800 families with a Holiday Bag during the holiday season. We could not have done this without the support from you all. Thank you and happy holidays!
A few notes about food donations:
- We can only accept food prepared in a board certified commercial kitchen, such as in a restaurant or catering establishment so long as it has been refrigerated or frozen and labeled with date of preparation, contents, and name of the organization or establishment donating food.
- We cannot accept foods that have been prepared in a residential kitchen due to Board of Health Regulations.
- We cannot accept expired food.
Food Donation Hours:
Monday–Friday: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Below is a list of common, everyday items that are always in high demand at Lunch Break’s food bank. Donating even the most basic of items can make the biggest of differences.
Food Pantry – Items Most Needed
- Bottled water
- Peanut butter and Jelly,
- Canned fruits, low sodium vegetables, soups, stews, chili, tuna fish, chicken
- Canned beans, dry beans, lentils
- Nutritious snacks
- Shelf stable milk
- Brown rice
- Low sodium soups
- Spaghetti sauce, instant potatoes, pasta, canned tuna, and chicken
- Coffee, tea, juices
- Condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, syrup, salt, pepper, salad dressings
- Spices like garlic powder, lemon pepper, basil, oregano, etc.
- Sugar, flour, cake mix, icing
- Macaroni and cheese, mashed potato mixes, rice mixes, etc.
- Cooking oil (vegetable)
- Individual portions of applesauce, pudding, snacks, juices, etc.
- Gluten free foods
- Foods for our diabetics
If you have any questions about making a food donation, please contact our Executive Chef and Pantry Manager, Tyrone Burr at 732-747-8577 or firstname.lastname@example.org.