Lunch Break has temporarily suspended donations of clothing and household items until further notice
Donate General Items
At Lunch Break, we help our community members in need by providing them with more than just a meal. By giving our clients access to clothing and household items, we’re enriching their lives in many ways and allowing them to feel more a part of the loving community they call home.
A few notes about clothing and general item donations:
- We can only accept SEASONAL CLOTHING.
- September–February: coats, jackets, scarves, hats, gloves, heavy sweaters, sweatpants, wool clothing.
- March–August: spring & summer items. Non-seasonal clothing will not be accepted.
- SUIT UP accepts professional & special occasion attire throughout the year.
- We are currently accepting toiletries, linen/towels/bedding, and other small sized household items.
- Due to space constraints, household items, furniture, used toys & rugs can no longer be accepted.
- Please call us at 732.747.8577 if you are unsure if your donation items can be accepted at this time.
Clothing Donation Hours:
Monday- Friday: 9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
Clothing Items Most Needed
- Business and business casual clothing for the Suit Up Program
- Casual/everyday clothing (all seasons)
- Plus sizes for women and men
- Baby and infant clothes
- Special Occasion items
- Seasonal clothing/items
- Accessories (Jewelry, Handbags, and Shoes)
- All items should be new or gently used
General Items Most Needed
- Gift cards to grocery stores, department stores, credit card companies
- Gift cards to beauty salons, shoe stores, pharmacies, office supply stores
- Cleaning supplies, detergent, brooms, mops
- Office supplies, copy paper, staplers, pens, notepads
- School supplies
- Toiletries: toothpaste, mouthwash, deodorant, soap
- Household items: toilet paper, napkins, paper towels, food storage bags, garbage bags
If you have any questions about making a clothing or general item donation, please contact our Program Coordinator, Melia Owens, at 732.747.8577 ext. 3022.
If you’re interested in having a drive for food, clothing, school items, toys, or any other toiletries please click HERE.
** In order to receive Community Service credit, this form must be completed prior to hosting a drive*** Additionally, please complete the volunteer link below to become a registered volunteer in our database.