Words of Welcome
The one common thread that unites our volunteers is their intrinsic need to give and to help those less fortunate. We are so grateful that you have chosen to serve Lunch Break and we welcome you to our organization. We look forward to a meaningful working relationship as your volunteer efforts, big or small, have a direct impact on helping our local community members in need. Thank you!
Interested in Volunteering? Click HERE to learn how you can help.
Volunteering and Community Service
Lunch Break welcomes individuals and students who are looking to give back in a meaningful way to our community or who need to fulfill community service hours.
We also gladly welcome and encourage group volunteerism by business groups, religious institutions, and other organizations and can accommodate a group at our facility of up to 10 adults.
Our schedule fills up quickly, so please call in advance to reserve your hours. Please note, we do not allow walk-ins.
If you have any questions, or want to sign up to help, please call the Volunteer Coordinator, Angela Jackson at 732-747-8577 ext. 3108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ways to Earn Community Service
If you need to fulfill community service hours and cannot get on our calendar due to scheduling conflicts, please consider running a food drive on our behalf. We will gladly credit you with the hours you spend organizing a food drive.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept home baked items in the bags due to Board of Health rules and regulations.
You must contact Millie Jeter at (732) 747-8577 ext.3102 or e-mail email@example.com before doing the aforementioned.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Must I sign up in advance to volunteer?
Yes. We do not accept walk-ins.
2. When can I volunteer? See available list of time slots
• Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, 1st Friday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., or 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m.
• Wednesday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 12:00 p.m.- 4:00 p.m., or 2:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m.
• 1st, 2nd, and 5th Friday of the month, 5:00-8:00pm (Community Dinner Nights)
• Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
• Sunday Closed
• Wednesdays 4:00- 7:00 p.m. ( Kids Cooking Class)
3. What will my volunteer job be once I arrive?
• We ask that you come prepared to serve in whatever capacity is needed for the day.
• You may be asked to prepare or serve food, wash dishes, clean tables and floors, shelve food in the pantry, organize clothing, answer incoming phone calls, and even work outside. (Only trained personnel are allowed to cook in our kitchen.)
4. What should I wear to volunteer?
• Please wear long pants; blue jeans are highly recommended.
• Wear sneakers to protect your feet. (No open toed shoes or sandals.)
• No droopy pants or revealing tops (tank tops or spaghetti strap tops).
• No jewelry should be worn while working at Lunch Break (watches and wedding rings are fine). Why? Jewelry such as bracelets, neck chains, and large dangling earrings can cause personal injury if caught on something. Our dress code is established with your safety and the welfare of our clients in mind.
• Please note: You will be asked to leave if you are not dressed appropriately.
5. Can (personal) valuables be brought?
• Do not bring your valuables (headsets, iPads, tablets, hand-held electronic games, MP3 players).
• Do not bring pocketbooks into Lunch Break. (Leave pocketbooks and other valuables locked in your car.)
• Coats are allowed. (Lockers are provided.)
6. As a student, may I earn community service hours at Lunch Break?
Yes, you must contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Angela Jackson at 732-747-8577 ext. 3108 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.